Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

A Little Becomes A Lot!



I just completed week 6 and I didn't make my first goal again, but I have made progress towards it.  

Last week I measured my BMR and adjusted my calorie intake.  I am excited to say that it worked!!  I was down 1.4 lbs! I will take it!!   Now that I have adjusted my calories, I feel better.  I am not starving all the time and it is a perfect balance for me.

This week I have been preparing to go on vacation and did a little clothes shopping.  Shopping for clothes has helped me determine that I am going to succeed with my weight loss journey.  I want to be able to walk in a store and wear anything I want and look half way decent in it.  I am tired of shopping for my size.  This determination has helped me to come up with a plan while on vacation next week.  (I realize A LOT of damage can be done while I am gone.)   I know my walking will be covered, but I also plan on visiting the gym.  If I can do those two things, I plan on being able to, within reason, eat what I want one meal.  If I don't gain or lose next, I will be okay with that.

I have met all of my exercise goals for this week and my endurance level is increasing.  For the first time, I was able to run 5.0+ mph on the elliptical for two miles in 25 mins.   I am hoping as the weight comes off I will be able to run on the treadmill.  Right now, the pounding kills my knees and shins.   I also added intervals on the treadmill with up to 9.2 incline.  It is a much better work out, rather then just walking.  I also am very excited that I have not gone over my calories in 6 weeks.  That is a big deal for me!!  I have cheated here and there, but I count them and still under.


I have also been diligently checking into my Gympact.  It has been fun know that I am going to get  "a little reward" for working out. (hehe a little becomes a lot)   Here my update for this week::

$6.50 total.....not bad!   Go to this link and sign up today!! Remember they are offering $5 for signing up. You must put in thi s referral code for the $5:EFAFranc



Overall I had a great week.  I hope all of you are doing well also!!
Talk to you soon!


post signature

Linking up with Katie J and Non Scale Victories
Health Not, to Health Nut

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome! You will do fine on vacation. You keep doing what you're doing. I need to do my BMR and make the correct adjustment. I'm either eating too much or not enough and can't find a happy medium. Next week, it's time to start something new at the gym...we'll see how I do.
    Have a great weekend,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I thought I saw less of you Wednesday night. ;-) Fab job on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've logged 5 workouts so far! But I did not get the $5 when I signed up with the link. :( Looks like it's going to a fun program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie....if you go to your settings you can email them about bugs. You should have received it by now. They are really good about responding to your emails. At least they were for me.

      Delete
  4. Wow great job! I haven't dared running on the treadmill yet. The idea of not going anywhere (point A to point B) and yet still having to exhaust myself seems so overwhelming. lol! And as for vacation, just keep everything in moderation and you will be fine! No point in not enjoying some chocolate- just share the bar. ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A little becomes a lot" such a great quote! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from all of you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!
(Due to spam, I only take comments from registered users)