Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Not This Time....

 


When I saw the above quote I thought, that was me for so many years.  I don't know how many New Year's Resolution I had weight loss  as my number one pick.  I couldn't tell you how many diets I have tried, or weight loss pills.  I have been the typical yo-yo dieter.  But not this time....

What a busy week I had!  With the changes I have made the last few months, I was able to put my work outs as top priority.  There was a time that work outs were IF I had time.  But with my new lifestyle, work outs are a must.  I have learned that exercise is important to meeting my weight loss goals.  I don't do as well on the scale that week if I do not exercise.  For me, this is a big NSV!  (non scale victory) I feel myself mentally changing towards a healthier lifestyle.

Weighing In..... This week I am down 0.8 lbs for a total of 12.4 lbs lost since March 1st.
Grand total of 20.4 lbs.

Exercise Update..... I started doing incline on the treadmill a few weeks ago.  After reading an article from Jillian Michaels how the higher the incline, the more calories you burn, I was willing to try it.  I have increased my incline this week and it really has made a difference in my weight loss.  Two weeks in a row I have consistently loss.  I have to admit, the scale moving is a great motivation for me.  Next week I will increase my level one more time.  Right now my work out is random incline 5.5-11.3.  I had to start taking a towel because you really sweat! lol
I have logged in 15 miles this week on the treadmill and elliptical with a grand total of 205 miles for the year.  I hope to log 1000 miles at the gym this year.  I better pick up the pace!

Robert Collier once said, "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."  Remember every change you make is getting you closer to a healthier lifestyle!  We can do this!



post signature

4 comments:

  1. I always see these women basically walking UP on the treadmill when I go to the gym. Blows my mind, but seems that I had heard that from Jillian before. I love that it's working. I might have to try it. I'm so bad to just RUN on the treadmill. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very powerful. I was about to say, yes it's me when i read the first line. and when i read the next line in bold color "except you".my spirit is lifted again. it's not time to give up. Not now. Thanks for the encouragement.

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from all of you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!
(Due to spam, I only take comments from registered users)